The Rangitoto Classic
Rangitoto Classic and Mini Classic Results:
The Rangitoto Classic and Mini Classic took place on Sunday 13 June with a total of 213 competitors showing up to compete over the 2 events.
The official results are below:
The Rangitoto Classic is back in 2021. SUPs, Skis, Canoes, Surf Boats, Waka Ama, and Ocean Skis come together on Takapuna Beach for an epic paddle, and scenic run to the top of Rangitoto Island and back. Open to lifeguards and public, it's an event not to miss.
Rangitoto Classic will be held on Sunday 13 June at Takapuna Beach.
A couple of important things to note for the day:
- Registrations begin at 6.45am. Everyone needs to sign in so we can confirm numbers entering the water on the day
- Those in teams can you please confirm how many will be doing the run on the island at registration
- Weather is currently looking good but a final weather call will be made by noon on Saturday.
- If we need to cancel/postpone we will email as well as post on the Surf Life Saving Northern Region and SLSNR Junior Surf and Competitive Lifesaving facebook pages, and on our website
- Reminder that Rangitoto Island is a pest free island so all competitors need to make sure their crafts are properly cleaned before the event to ensure no pest plants/animals are taken onto the island. We will have someone from bio securities doing a check on the day
- The Takapuna Boat Club will be open from 11am for food and drink
*Entries for surf club member can be done here
*Entries for non club members can be done here