SLSNR Support Services | SurfCom
SurfCom is the regional communications and incident command hub for Surf Lifesaving Northern Region and is primarily responsible for incident support and emergency services dispatch for surf related incidents.
During the Surf Lifesaving patrolling season of Labour weekend (October) to Easter Weekend (April) a Surfcom operator will be operating from the SurfCom desk whenever a Surf Lifesaving patrol is operating on a patrolled beach.
Becoming a SurfCom Operator
SurfCom Operator applications are currently closed.
Pre requisites for this role are:
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be able to commute to the Marine Rescue Center
- Must be a current financial SLSNZ member & obtain club endorsement
- Must have good communications/social skills
- At least 4 seasons of patrolling experience
- First Aid Level 2 (refreshed)
- Marine VHF Radio Operator Award
Required skills and attributes are:
- Sound computer skills
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Leadership & decision making qualities
- A background within Surf Lifesaving or understanding of Surf Lifesaving operations
Note: SLSNR reserves the right to accept members into the SurfCom program at their discretion