SLSNR Support Services | Duty Officers
Northern Region has two
appointed Duty Officers at any one time who have operational
oversight of all Lifesaving activities
within the Northern region. Often
referred to as Delta operations, these Duty Officers exist to help
patrols and SurfCom during or after major incidents or situations
as an option to call for advice or guidance. The Duty Officer is
someone with a lot of life saving knowledge that help patrols that
maybe under resourced when they roam whilst on duty.
This role also helps member with support after a major indecent
that needs a debriefing or peer support services.
Becoming a Duty Officer
Training for returning Duty Officers will be held at the Marine
Rescue Centre on Tuesday 11th September.
Applications for the 2018/2019 season will
open on Monday 2nd July and close Friday 27th July.
- Must be a SLSNZ member
- Surf Lifeguard Award
- Must be 20+ years of age
- At least 5 seasons of life guarding experience
- Current Full Motor Vehicle License
- SLSNZ IRB Drivers Award
- At least First Aid Level 2
Desirable qualifications, skills and
- Marine VHF Radio operators Award
- CIMS 2 OR 4
- Sound communication skills
- Leadership and decision making qualities
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Customer orientated manner
If you are interested in becoming a Duty Officer please email us