Summer Staff Applications
Community Education Instructors:
For those wishing to apply for the role of a paid Community Education Instructor.
Applications close Friday 3rd September.
Community Education incorporates different education programs run in Northern Region:
• Beach Education/Surf to School
• City Nippers
• Community Events
All lifeguards applying must have:
• a passion for lifesaving
• the skills to teach school children about Surf Safety
• good surf lifesaving knowledge and experience
• be able to work well a team environment
• be dedicated to fill the roster for 1 or all of these periods - Dates TBC for coming season
Community Education operates on WEEK DAYS but may include some weekend work at a wide range of beaches.
Prerequisites for this role are:
• Must be 17+ years of age
• Must hold a current SLSNZ Lifeguard Award or Patrol Support Award
• Must be a current SLSNZ member
• Must hold First Aid Level 1 (current)
Other skills beneficial to your application are:
• Teaching experience (Junior Surf, Swim Teacher, Teacher training, Baby-sitting, Sports instructor)
• Good personality: friendly, good sense of humour, gentle, kind, dynamic, enthusiastic